Tuesday 16 January 2018

Information on some College based resources

Hello all,


I have been really buoyed by the fact that quite a few of you have been giving the presentation assessment some serious thought which is fantastic.


Here are a few interesting links to research sites which might be of interest. I must confess I'm not sure how many of these might need a login of some description, but it could be worth having a look anyway? I have used them before in previous organisations, and sometimes the College / University have to subscribe.


https://search.credoreference.com/
http://www.oxfordreference.com/
https://www.issuesonline.co.uk/subject-areas/all-subjects




NCLAN (as per my recommendation) has invested in some excellent online resources. To locate them, you should:



Click on Moodle


 


My Library


 


Go to our Online Resources


 


Scroll down to ‘Issues Online’













8 comments:

  1. All of these are good ideas. They give so much info of statistics and things I've never even heard of. One about chinese literature got me thinking about a talk surrounded with the politics and history of china, or another country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s great Lisa-Marie. Which resources are you referring to though? The ones I put on Moodle or one or some of the Links? Great choice of potential talk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link credoreference gives a generalised idea of topics and when you click onto food diet and nutrition it gives good definitions and even some backgrounds to where foods originated from. It said kiwi originated from china, interesting little facts ☺. The link about issues online is great for giving more specific topics for discussion. I still need to have a wee look on moodle. Thank-you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, thanks for the input as this will be of great help to others in the class. You are in the zone!

      Delete
  4. Just had a look at the online resources from moodle. Theres a good topic on knife crime. That could be linked in quite well with criminology or peer pressure in places like London and seeing where its more prominant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not much there on my chosen subject but good points of reference for general info !! Thanks for the links they will be really valuable for most I think x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget, the blog isn't just for Xmas! The links I post, share, teaching materials etc. will be of great use for current and future study. Good ones to bookmark in my opinion!

      Delete