Wednesday 24 January 2018

Additional potential research info

Hi all,


One of my students in another class was looking into various aspects of research lately and I thought the website could be of use to some of you, or even as a point of interest.


The specific article she was reading was about rough sleeping but also encompassed addiction, alcoholism and why rough sleeping can never be cured http://thirdforcenews.org.uk/features/why-rough-sleeping-can-never-be-cured


I would encourage more of this, where if you come across something in your research, reading etc. that you feel would benefit the rest of the class, I would be more than happy to post for you and get the chatter going in the comments section! I am a big believer in collaborative learning, so share any news, info by e mail, and I will do my best to turn it into blog gold!

On the 'third force news' site there are many other articles relating to all sorts of issues and it might be helpful to some of you should your research be centred around any of these issues. 

There are sections for Health and Social Care and Social Justice and Poverty which are interesting and there is also the option to comment: http://thirdforcenews.org.uk/families-and-young-people

Cheers,

Mark


5 comments:

  1. This site is right up my street. Lots of topics i'm passionate about. I'm positive I'll use it to source material now and in the future. Interesting articles.

    I'm having real trouble picking a topic to go with. I've narrowed it down to 13 so far and I fear I'll add more. All of which have pros and cons (facts too subjective, too emotive, too historical, too current and raw, not enough stats, too personal etc).

    Really wishing you'd just give me a topic right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.s. You shouldn't encourage me, I send Elaine and Pauline links all the time!

      Delete
    2. I’ve replied to your e mail. And for the benefit of others in the class, sometimes you have to be brutal and discard topics. It’s kind of the only way to get cracking in earnest! Send stuff over if you think it’ll benefit the rest of the class. This is the very forum to do so of course where readers can choose to read, comment or pass. All good stuff! And don’t forget, we have plenty time to prepare these talks. On Monday you’ll get the chance to choose which date you wish to deliver on.

      Cheers, Mark

      Delete
    3. It may be picking out of a hat for me. I want to have chosen for Monday so I can get started.

      Delete
    4. I think that is the best strategy. When I organise my golf tournament each year I have all the names of the players laid out in paper on the floor. I then put a cat treat on each one and the first four names Jet goes for play with each other and so on! It gets posted on Facebook so it is all above board. Just a thought if you had a pet! Ha ha. Thanks as always, and I will see you all on Monday.

      Delete