Friday 26 January 2018

Monday 29th January class

Morning all.


On Monday we will do a few things in the class as follows.


Everybody should be able to give me a working title at the very least of the topic you wish to deliver your talk on. It doesn't need to be fully structured, but the nuts and bolts of the idea please.


You will pick when you wish to deliver your talk, which will be on ONE of the following dates: 19th February, 26th February or 5th March. Remember, you only attend the session where you are presenting.


I will do a very quick overview of how to use PowerPoint effectively, highlighting the areas where students get things wrong. This will follow on nicely from the 'good and bad presentation delivery' class we had before the catch-up week.


Please bring in your laptop, tablet etc. if you have one for the next three classes, as you will be able to work on research, slides, handouts etc. in these classes. If we run out of PCs in the class, then some of you may wish to go to the library, but I would rather avoid that if at all possible.


I have e mailed everybody back who sent their 'REintroduction' reflective writing which I thoroughly enjoyed and have written feedback on the papers I got in which were handwritten. If you haven't done this simple exercise yet, please have that ready to hand to me on Monday please.


Thank you to those members of the class who have already e mailed me with some great ideas for presentation titles. High bar, never a bad thing and something I always encourage of course. Stretching is good for you, right?


Have a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you all on Monday.


Mark




3 comments:

  1. Mark would it be possible to do my talk on James Herbert horror writer.Does it fit into the criteria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy, hmmm, possibly. What it can’t be is a history of him or a chronological overview of his books. BUT, it COULD be about the genre, societal impact, aspects of writing etc. If you can have a think about the structure and how you’d like to frame the talk, I’ll be as flexible as I can! So it’s not a no, I just need more info! Cheers, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok thanks pity I'm a big fan of his. Will have to go and think again from a historical point of view. Will run a few ideas by you tomorrow,thank you.

    ReplyDelete