Tuesday 6 March 2018

Apostrophe catastrophe

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/emma-watson-addresses-the-huge-error-on-the-times-up-tattoo-she-showed-off-at-vanity-fair-oscars-party/ar-BBJUVJH?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp


This is a curious wee article that has been in the media for the last couple of days. One side of me thinks it could have been an error on purpose to highlight the issue of and raise awareness of Time's Up (which it has), but if not, the mistake is still there!


Whatever the reason, Emma Watson has dealt with it well with her Tweet to be fair where she wrote "Fake tattoo proofreading position available. Experience with apostrophes a must!"


Here are some more tattoo errors...






10 comments:

  1. I once taught a student in Aberdeen who had one saying Sid Viscous rpi!

    True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These must be torture for you to see Mark! I’ve seen a lot of these on Facebook etc, you should have to sit a test before getting a tattoo. I’m also suspicious of tattoos in different languages (Chinese symbols etc), you never really know what you’re getting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tattooists presumably just ink as instructed!

      Delete
  3. My angle is one of the best ones I’ve seen on a friend actually , even had little wings haha poor guy can’t spell angel :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This annoyed me that it made headline news she missed the ‘ thinking there really are more pressing issues in the world. On reflection I think your right bit more of a publicity stunt for the campaign than an error so in that case it’s a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For sure the great work that Time’s Up do has been highlighted globally, regardless of the reason. That mistake though, gulp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just another reason to put me off having a tattoo!! I’m with Rachel though, so annoying the attention the media paid to this when there are so much more important issues in the world!

    ReplyDelete