Monday 5 March 2018

Round 3 presentation success

Hello all,


Another round of successful talks today, where we had 8 presenters in the session.


Again, the topics of the presentations were varied and detailed and I trust all attendees learned something from the session.


Today's presentation subjects were: Psychology of Consumerism, Homelessness in Scotland, Growing up in the 1970s, Child Killers, Eating Disorders, Anthromorphism and Modern Husbandry, Prisoners' Rights in Scotland and Impact of Social Media on Society. Quite a diverse list I think you'll agree.


Please note some comments down in the section below about how you felt you got on, comments on some of your peers, what you learned etc. Your opinion counts, as always.


Well done,


Mark



2 comments:

  1. Mark I felt we all did really well with all the very diverse subjects that were presented. From my own point of view yes I was nervous, but I am glad I did it especially the subject which I am sad to say I experienced at the time.A big thank you to you for your positive comments and also to Shazz for the nice comments as well.The talk has boosted my confidence so thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s brilliant Andy, glad to hear that. Yes, it’s more than just an ‘assessment’ this one. The prep, the nerves, the delivery, the q and a, all vital components. But the way I frame it is to be all inclusive. There’s three strands of feedback: yours, peer and assessor. If students can’t learn from that there’s a problem. Even if a learner fails there’s always something to work with for the next time. Fortunately it was a clean sweep of passes. That’s great you namecheck Shazz too as it shows a healthy collegiate approach. I was wondering when somebody was going to make a comment on this post. Hopefully your words will inspire others! Well done and have a great weekend. Mark

    ReplyDelete