Monday 19 February 2018

Presentation Assessment Success, part one

Well done to the five presenters this morning who were all successful with their presentations.



I enjoyed the variety of subjects and well structured deliveries today: Anime, Computer Games as Learning, Scotland in Europe, Positive Mental Attitude, LGBT - having a baby.



I asked all presenters to self reflect on their performance, (good and bad) and for them to provide feedback on one other learner. This worked very well and then I provided detailed feedback too.




It was clear that the presenters found the assessment session of great benefit and they were even heard to say they enjoyed the experience. Who knew?


What helped the session to run smoothly and efficiently, was that everybody had printed their slides out as requested and this was of great help to all attendees. What was impressive for me, was the depth of research, the q and a session, enthusiasm and most crucially, how well structured the talks were. A great start to this round of assessments.


Those students who presented today, why don't you pop a few words down in the comments box below? It would be nice to hear your thoughts now you've had time to reflect on your performance. You know you want to...


Well done and I look forward to next Monday. If you are delivering on 26th February and haven't e mailed me your talk yet, please do so by the end of the week so I can provide you with some feedback.


Cheers,


Mark



6 comments:

  1. Ashleigh left a comment which came through my e mail, but didn't post here for some reason.

    Anyway, here is the comment she left which was a great show of solidarity: Well done everyone !! Looking forward to next week :-/

    For the presenters who delivered yesterday, lend us your thoughts!

    Mark (on behalf of Ashleigh!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Sorry for late reply, I am still buzzing from Monday’s presentation, I’m extremely proud of all of us and our efforts and for passing! 😀 it wasn’t as scary as I first thought and has Defo helped with my confidence today at my Uni interview!! Pma all the way x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that’s wonderful. I’m really glad you’ve written this type of feedback as it’s reassuring that the successful presentation delivery has helped you. Fingers crossed you get the result you’re looking for. Very well done and thank you. Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mark, yeh I loved the presentation, would have no hesitation to do it again in similar circumstances - major confidence boost for me and I am very grateful. Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  5. You delivered the talk. I merely facilitated and assessed it! Very positive feedback indeed and it’s nice to hear you felt you performed well. Have a great weekend. Mark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! Happy weekend to you too 😀

    ReplyDelete