Monday 12 February 2018

Lollipop man 'banned from high-fiving kids because it could be construed as grooming' vows to never return despite emotional pleas from pupils

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/lollipop-man-banned-from-high-fiving-kids-because-it-could-be-construed-as-grooming-vows-to-never-return-despite-emotional-pleas-from-pupils/ar-BBJ1HxJ?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=ientp


I missed this story the first time around. Is this a case of implementing stringent child safety protection values or is this a huge overreaction?



3 comments:

  1. I read an almost identical case with a slightly better outcome.

    I am struggling to respond to this constructively and avoiding the use of expletives. As a parent and a human I have no issue with a friendly high five. Talk about first world problems. Some people are hell bent on sucking the connections rights out of humanity. These lovely little interactions are what make us human. People need to get a grip. That's about as politely as I can put it.

    www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/stockport-council-lollipop-man-colin-spencer-high-five-pupils-children-parents-a8205256.html%3famp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely ridiculous ! Never have I heard such a ridiculous over reaction to a high five ! I’m actually angered by this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is truly bizarre. Does that mean parents of Barry White junior’s pupils will be outraged too? From the info. I’ve read, this seems to be a huge overreaction in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete