Saturday 11 November 2017

We all need a wee bit of luck sometimes!

Hello loyal blog readers!


This morning I achieved something that most amateur golfers never manage to do in a lifetime, a hole in one at golf.


I hear it is a one in 12,500 chance. So given the boffins have worked that out, I feel very lucky indeed!


So, it was Scotch all round at the 19th hole, (not the £7,000 a nip type you understand), and high fives aplenty.


For one shot today then, I can consider myself a decent player. The rest of the holes weren't so good of course, ha ha.


Have a great weekend,


Mark (aka Bertie Bassett as one patron called me today!)





7 comments:

  1. Mark, that's amazing. Well done. I hope you're enjoying a well deserved bottle(s) of wine tonight!

    On a separate note, I used to work for RBS and their packaged bank accounts (you know the ones with the monthly fees) had hole in one cover to cover the costs of the drinks. If you have a packaged account check and see if you can be reimbursed.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice! It wasn't a competition, and I just went and bought a bottle of Scotch for everybody to enjoy. Didn't get any back though from members, ha ha.

      Delete
  2. Woop woop!! How exciting! Well done mark you must be buzzing!! Defo get the lotto on- it comes in three's!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye, it was quite unexpected. I have been lucky enough to have made two others before which is really lucky. I am definitely not as good a player as I was 10-20 years ago, yet all my aces have come in the last 5 years and in my 40s. Crazy game!

      Delete
  3. A belated congratulations to you , what an achievement !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am playing at exactly the same time tomorrow as I did last Saturday. The chances of a repeat are in the millions to one apparently!

    ReplyDelete