Saturday 14 April 2018

Welcome back

Hello all,


Well those holidays went a bit too quick for my liking!


Anyway, I hope you all were able to relax and forget about College for a wee while at least.


So, onto the final furlong, we are so very nearly there.


On Monday please don't forget to bring your Listening helpnotes, any sample answers I gave out as we will be looking at the first of two Listening assessments on the first day back.


I will show the presentation, we can have a quick discussion and you will have until Tuesday 8th May to get the assessment done by (we are on holiday 7/5/18). I will take answers in either handwritten or by e  mail. I can turn the electronic ones round quicker, for if there are any changes to make you can check your script quite easily. As always I will be able to mark them fairly quickly for you. If you don't receive a reply, you can be 100% sure I haven't received it!


I will then show the second one (the discussion) on Monday 14th May and you will have until Monday 4th June to get that one completed.


I am conscious that I have one individual presentation still to assess and one discussion to assess. Both members of the class must contact me when they are ready to do so, and that will be done around my availability outwith our scheduled time. This will require two students to be in attendance for both assessments.


Monday 28th May is a holiday.


On Monday 4th June I will hold our final class, where we will look at the journey you have been on, reflect on your learning, how you feel you have progressed, look at the next step and discuss everything we have done. I will post a final reflective post before that session where I will be looking for as many of the class members to add a note into the comments section prior to us all meeting up.


Monday 11th June is the very final class we have and will only be used if there are any students who haven't passed the Unit by that time. Don't forget that the 8th and final assessment for my Unit is integrated with Ryan's class, so I will be liaising with him on that.


All the best,


Mark







2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark ! Actually really chuffed to be coming back on Monday ! Looking forward to getting stuck into the assessments and to finishing the year, it’s dawning on me now with such little time that this is the last leg and it’s quite exciting going forward (hopefully) in to University. Speaking in advance I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my year of learning with you I’ve learned more from this class skills-wise than in any other and can’t thank you enough! Lets get this done class and end the year on a high!! PMA all the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as Ashleigh I've enjoyed the year it's gone that quick and hopefully we can all achieve what we set out to do back in August.It will be sad at the end of the semester,but we all have to move on. Thanks Mark for making it an entertaining class!

    ReplyDelete