Tuesday 31 October 2017

Tumshie or Pumpkin?

Happy Halloween!

Trick or treat? No, not for me, it's called guising where I come from! So if any little darlings come round to Academia (my flat) this year, for ten bob they'll need to perform one of these elementary tasks, but they do have a choice, I’m not mean:

1) Recite Shakespeare's Sonnet 18: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate etc. in full;

2) Name all the members of The Beatles in descending order of height;

3) Sing 'O soave fanciulla' from La Boheme.

I'd say that's perfectly reasonable, don’t you? ;-)

Have a smashing day everybody and don’t forget, a tumshie lantern trumps a pumpkin one all day long...

I was admiring Emma HP's bat blouse yesterday, so I have posted a few pics of the golfing trews I was wearing on Saturday, which nobody 'batted' an eyelid to when I went shopping afterwards. Edinburgh eh?

See you all on Monday,

Mark








7 comments:

  1. Loving the Halloween trews!! Remind me to show you my award winning pumpkin !!! By award winning I mean - certificate I printed out myself . The asks for your wee trick or treaters are quite high although no idea about the other two members ,Ringo, John , Paul then George ?? Happy Halloween !! 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you’ll not get lost in a crowd wearing those. This year I decided rather than answering the door a million time to drop sweets off at the kids in the street before dinner time closed my curtains & relaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't bother with Halloween and haven't done for a few years now just shut the blinds don't think there was anyone trick or treating around our way . Always thought John Paul Ringo then George in order of height.Nice trews you'll won't go unnoticed with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love swaggering about in my colourful breeks like it is the most normal thing anybody could wear! Who defines convention anyway? Ha ha.

      Delete
  4. I see the Utah nurse got a 500k settlement ! Glad to see she got compensated after such an ordeal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, wow. Well the money will of course be incredibly helpful, but I wonder whether she will actually Nurse again? I imagine that the whole incident, played out so many times online and globally, has had a long term negative effect on her. All that for doing her job properly.

      Delete
  5. I love ur trousers mark!!! Brilliant!!! Aw I'm so glad for that nurse that video really upset me she has defo been through enough

    ReplyDelete